Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mid Week Post

Not much to talk about this week other than the workouts which are making me sore. I know that means they are working but one always wonders when you wake up and your chest feels like it has been through the grinder. But for those of you who want to follow my workout a bit, here is my routine:

Stretch (15 minutes)
Basic Squat x 50 x 3 sets
Wide Squat x 50 x 3 sets
Pushup 25 x 6 sets
Situp 25 x 6 sets
Bicep Curls 10 x 3 sets
Overhead tricep curls 10 x 3 sets
Military Press 10 x 3 sets
Basic Squat with weight 10 x 3 sets
Stretch 15 Minutes

Add this to all the steps you can do in the day. That means, no escalators and if you don't have a choice, then run the escalator or take the steps fast. I run the regular steps 2 at a time head down, full speed in order to get the maximum knee lift in the run. In Tokyo, there are tons of train stations with sets of stairs in the dozens. If I don't go to town then I use the stairs in my building to do the same thing. Unfortunately they are shorter than I like and not straight on.

The core of this workout is my stay at home workout and it can be adjusted if you feel that it is too much. This workout will make you sore. I do it every other day at the start of the season and then increase the number of days as the season goes along. By the time we are into the core of the season, I usually only do this 5 days a week and then Saturdays off and Sundays is games or practices.