Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Well, the time for the first post of 2008 has come. Not a lot happening right now except for the team's new years party. After a season in which we finished 3rd in our block, we did have a good end of season with the special games. Winning the final three games I played in Japan felt pretty good as well.

As I look forward to the 2008 season playing minor league football in the North American Football League (NAFL), I have begun to train. It will be quite different going against guys who are bigger, stronger and a lot faster than most of the ones here in Japan. My current plans are to play with the King Country Jaguars (www.kcjags.com), a team which has won the Northwest Football League (NWFL) the last three years and finished in the quarterfinals of the NAFL championships this year.

I am currently training every day here in Japan, running, lifting and stretching, preparing for what will be my last season. After a career spanning 20 years and 7 teams, I am looking forward to this last season. Look here for more posts in the coming months as I start upon this new adventure.